Wednesday 25 January 2012

I'm offended you're offended


Dear Boss,

I hope this letter finds you well. I would like to inform you that due to personal and professional reasons, I will be unable to continue in my current job, and would like you to accept my resignation letter. As you have been my boss for so long, I feel I owe you an explanation. While I am honoured that you trot out my example at every given (and sometimes snatched) opportunity, thus giving me so much visibility and so many opportunities to shine, I do feel burdened by the workload. I find it mentally and physically exhausting to keep up this pretence of being offended when I am not. Also, what does offend me is that you tell everyone that I am offended by things such as books, movies, paintings, essays, jokes, and other intellectual and cultural activities. It makes me look foolish and uneducated, and as though I have nothing better to do with my time than look for things to feel offended by, even though these are things that I secretly enjoy. When I started out in this line of work, my job role was very different. However, after the alterations, I feel ethically and morally unable to continue working here and would like to quit this post with immediate effect.

Yours sincerely,

Religious Sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment